Authors: Becky Hand, R.D. and Stefanie Romine
Genre: Health, Fitness and Dieting
Release Date: May 2013
About the Book:
From the experts behind the New York Times bestseller The Spark and the creators of SparkPeople.com comes The Spark Solution, a breakthrough two-week diet program to help you lose weight and optimize your health.
The Spark Solution is a dynamic, comprehensive, and proven program. With an introduction by Chris Downie, founder and CEO of SparkPeople, this day-by-day guide combines the latest data and strategies on nutrition, incredibly delicious recipes, and essential workouts. The experts at SparkPeople designed this easy-to-follow regimen to deliver effective and sustainable weight loss.
Thousands have already tried it, lost weight, and discovered a path to healthy living. SparkPeople have taken all the questions and bumps in the road out of the equation with The Spark Solution. There is no better way to lose weight and no better time than right now. Let these first two weeks transform your life.
I posted my last weight loss update in September 2012. At that time I was up a few pounds. I ended up gaining a total of five pounds. Then in May, Sparkpeople came out with a new book called The Spark Solution: A Complete Two-Week Diet Program to Fast-Track Weight Loss and Total Body Health. I decided to try it out because I really needed a way to jump start my weight loss and get back on track.
Here’s what I enjoyed about the book:
- Quite a few motivational stories from people who have already used the Spark system to lose weight and keep it off.
- A two week program (including recipes) of diet and exercise ideas – this was my favorite part. I got quite a few new recipes for my repertoire.
- An “after plan” with tips on how to keep the momentum going because I am not on a diet, I am making healthy lifestyle changes.
And here are the changes I made as a result of the program:
- Started tracking everything I eat. This made a big difference because I really needed to plan ahead and think about food.
- Started working out harder and more efficiently. Although I did not follow the exercise plan in The Spark Solution, I did come to realize how many calories I needed to burn in a week in order to lose weight, as compared to how much food I eat. So I switched from just walking 3-5 days a week, to interval training alternating with Walk Away the Pounds videos, plus one day of yoga and one day of rest. I have been exercising more often, burning more calories and actually having fun doing it!!
- I did not give up all the foods I love. I found ways to make them more healthy or cut them down to very small portions for those times when I am really craving them. For those things I do not have willpower with (yet) I try not to keep them in the house.
Overall, I found The Spark Solution to be a great program for beginners, if followed to a tee, and for those who have been at this a bit longer, a good reminder of what to do, mixed with tips and motivation that can be incorporated into your regular routine.
I give The Spark Solution five stars!!! I highly recommend this book!!!
I was not given any compensation in exchange for this review. I purchased the book on my own and wanted to share it with my readers. This post does contain affiliate links. If you click through the link to make a purchase, I will receive a commission.
So how am I doing so far? Well, I’ve lost six pounds in the past six weeks for a total weight loss of 26 pounds!! I think I’m back on track!!