On mornings I work I always have the same breakfast, a yogurt and a protein bar. On my days off, however, I prefer to have a hot breakfast. Now I have finally found a recipe that I can make on my days off and still have available for a quick take on my workdays!!
Recipe: Ham and Cheese Stuffed Pancakes
Summary: These pancakes are yummy fresh, but also freeze and reheat easily!!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1Tbsp. oil
- 4 slices deli-sliced ham
- 4 Tbsp. shredded four-cheese blend
- Beat egg in medium bowl with wire whisk until fluffy.
- In a measuring cup, mix the milk and vinegar.
- Add milk mixture to egg and blend well.
- Beat in flour, sugar, oil, baking powder, baking soda and salt until smooth.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat skillet over medium heat.
- Pour 1/8 cup of batter onto the grill in a circle.
- Cover the batter with 1 slice of ham and 1 Tbsp. cheese.
- Top with another 1/8 cup of batter.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook another 2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s) Cooking time: 5 minutes per pancake
Number of servings (yield): 4