Last week I was looking through my cupboard, trying to think of something fun to make for dinner that would still be fairly healthy. Italian food is one of my favorites, so I replaced a few of the ingredients, and came up with this lighter shrimp tetrazzini recipe. It was a big hit at our house (Bud had seconds!!) I hope you like it!!
Recipe: Lighter Shrimp Tetrazzini Recipe
Summary: A lighter version of a delicious, but heavy, favorite.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces frozen, cooked shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip Light
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 package spaghetti
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Drain well.
- Add onion and oil to saucepan set on medium-low heat.
- Cook until onions are soft.
- Add shrimp and mushrooms.
- Cook for five minutes, stirring often.
- Remove shrimp mixture to a large mixing bowl, set aside.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Combine flour, Miracle Whip Light, salt, lemon pepper, garlic, milk and sherry in the saucepan.
- Mix well.
- Cook over medium-low heat and cook until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce into the bowl with the shrimp mixture.
- Add spaghetti and toss thoroughly.
- Top with Parmesan and serve.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4