I don’t know about you, but the older I get the more I am looking for ways to keep my skin looking hydrated and fresh. Especially in the winter time when the outside air and indoor heat can be so drying.
I was so excited when the folks at Freya asked me to try their Arctic Cleansing Water.
About the Company:
Freya has built close relationships with some of the world’s foremost biotechnology labs in the Scandinavian region. With its unique biomarine environment, Scandinavia, particularly Norway, has developed the world’s largest aquaculture industry through strong understanding of the biomarine value chain and its fundamental building blocks. With heavy governmental and corporate sponsorship, the University of Oslo and University of Tromso have become the foremost research cluster for biomarine technology. Freya is in close partnership with these cutting-edge biomarine laboratories, currently at the forefront of developing skin-rejuvenating active complexes based on the unique scientific discoveries of the Arctic region.
About the Product:
A beauty secret passed down through generations, Scandinavian girls are taught by their mothers to cleanse their faces only with ice cold water several times a day, which re-energizes skin and encourages blood flow. We’ve developed our Freya Arctic Cleansing Water to mimic the rejuvenating effects of this tradition with the necessary functional effects of an ultra-gentle cleanser, leaving your skin beautifully clean and refreshed, without drying it out. Arctic Antioxidants provide extra protection for your skin.
I was a little leery of using the Arctic Cleansing Water by itself for taking off makeup. So instead I used my regular cleanser first, and then followed up with a few cotton pads dipped in Arctic Cleansing Water. Here’s the results:
In addition to being such an effective cleanser, the Arctic Cleansing Water is just as ultra gentle as it says it is. I have used astringents in the past, but with my skin getting older, those are just too drying. The Arctic Cleansing Water is formulated with skin conditioning ingredients and doesn’t leave my skin feeling tight and dry.
Here’s a list of the ingredients:
- Aesthigel with Arctic sea salts & minerals: An effective and detoxifying skin cleanser and moisturizer
- Aloe Vera: An effective skin conditioning agent
- Caffeine: An anti-irritant. Caffeine also helps alleviate redness and reduces puffiness
- Cucumber Extract: A calming skin conditioner that offers strong moisturizing abilities as well as a mild astringent effect
- Chamomile Extract: A purifying skin conditioner that offers anti-inflammatory benefits as well as antiseptic and soothing effects
- Red Raspberry Extract: A skin conditioner that also offers anti-inflammatory properties
I really like the idea of the ice cold water splash, and even though I don’t think I’ll be doing that on a regular basis, I do think I will keep my Arctic Conditioning Water in the refrigerator, especially during the hot summer months for a bit of skin “refreshment”.
- I highly recommend this product!! The price point is a little high ($45 for 200 ml) but a little goes a long way. All the soothing ingredients plus the effective cleansing make it well worth the cost!!
- You can purchase Freya Skincare products on their website.
- Follow Freya Skincare on Facebook and Twitter.
- I received a complimentary sample of this product for the purpose of review. All opinions are 100% my own.