No, the noodles are not made of chicken. Yes, I know it’s a silly name. I’m sure this dish was originally called chicken and noodles, but in my family it has always just been chicken noodles. Whatever you call this meal, it is super easy to make and especially comforting on a cold winter’s night, but the calorie count is not bad!! Pair it with a big green salad or your favorite steamed vegetables and you’ve got yourself a well-balanced meal.
Recipe: Crockpot Chicken Noodles
Summary: Easy to make and delicious chicken and noodles in the crockpot
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can condensed reduced fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (15 oz.) fat free chicken broth
- 8 ounces extra wide egg noodles
- Brown the chicken for a few minutes in a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan.
- Put chicken in the crockpot.
- Cover chicken with cream of chicken soup (I use a basting brush so it goes on smoothly.)
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours, until the inside of a chicken breast is 180F or higher.
- Remove chicken to warm oven.
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- With crockpot still on high, stir a small amount of flour or cornstarch into drippings until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve chicken over noodles and top with sauce.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 4-6 hours
Number of servings (yield): 4