Chickpeas, or garbanzo beans are one of those foods you either love or you hate. Art calls them “garbage beans”. I, however, am a huge fan of the little legume. Following is one of my favorite recipes for chickpeas, adapted from Sparkpeople.com
Recipe: Chickpea Stew
Summary: A hearty, easy vegetarian stew
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium potato, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1/2 cup chickpeas (canned or cooked)
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Saute’ potato cubes in olive oil medium heat, until cooked through.
- Add tomatoes and chickpeas and cook until everything is well-heated.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Number of servings (yield): 1
Fat: 10 gms
Protein: 23 gms