The other night, Bud’s girlfriend made a delicious chicken curry for dinner (I’ll share that recipe another time, I promise). Anyway, we used coconut cream instead of coconut milk, which was AMAZING!!! but the recipe only called for a couple of tablespoons. We had almost the whole can left and weren’t sure quite what to do with it. Willow (Bud’s girlfriend) came up with the idea to use coconut cream instead of sour cream in her favorite banana bread recipe. The result was so dense and moist we just couldn’t call it bread anymore. So without further adieu, here is Willow’s recipe for:
Recipe: Coconut Cream Banana Cake
Summary: The coconut cream makes this so moist and dense!!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup mashed over-ripe banana ( approx. 4 medium bananas)
- 4 cups + 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in individually.
- Add mashed banana.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients
- Beat coconut cream into butter-sugar-banana mixture.
- Add dry ingredients one cup at a time to wet mixture, beating between cups, until smooth.
- Pour batter into bundt pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the center of the ring comes out clean.
- Turn upside down on a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Cooking time: 1 hour(s) 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12