Quite a few of my friends have been affected by breast cancer. I am so happy that Freschetta, one of my favorite brands of frozen pizza, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, is helping to promote breast cancer awareness through their new The Strength of 1™ campaign.
As part of this campaign, Freschetta sponsors Bright Pink, the only national non-profit organization focusing on the prevention and early detection of breast and ovarian cancerin young women, while providing support to high-risk individuals. The mission of this The Strength of 1™ initiative is to inspire everyone to realize they can make a difference in some way in the fight against breast cancer.
One of the things I did (and you can too) to show your support, is to take the pledge at www.facebook.com/freschettapizza. Here are the things you can pledge to do:
What You Can Do
- Learn more about the risk factors of breast cancer.
- Be breast self-aware. (Text the word “pink” to 59227 for Underwire Alerts, a monthly text reminder to check your breasts, courtesy of Bright Pink®)
- Speak up should I notice any changes in my body
- Schedule my annual visit with an OB/GYN
- Call a friend who is fighting breast cancer and make a difference in their day.
- Donate to Bright Pink®
- Purchase a FRESCHETTA® pizza this month, and help support Bright Pink®
On the Facebook page you can also share the story of someone you know who has made a difference (maybe you!!)
And you can find out how to help spread the word on Twitter.
What will you do to make a difference?
I occasionally receive compensation in the form of products for posts. However, the opinions I share are solely my own.